The Melva Inn - Harlem Policies and Guidance
As our community responds to the global impact of COVID-19, we want to ensure you that the health and well-being of our guests and staff are our highest priority. New York is fully prepared and able to respond to the situation.
Based on CDC recommendations we are taking various safety measures such as:
- Conducting an aggressive cleaning schedule by disinfecting and wiping down public areas.
- Potential guests that feel ill should stay home.
- Staff that feel ill are required to remain home until symptom-free.
- All guests are asked to regularly wash their hands with soap and use hand sanitizer as needed.
- Everyone should avoid touching your face (eye, mouth and nose) with unclean hands.
We are committed to the safety of our community. As we continue to monitor information from the CDC and the NYSDOH we will provide ongoing updates as necessary. As with all emergencies, it is best that we remain calm and informed. For up to date information on COVID-19 at coronavirus.gov.
- Check In Time - 3:00 P.M.; we will accomodate various arrival times but prior arrangements MUST be made.
- Check Out time - 11:00 am; we are happy to secure your luggage after checkout.
- A 50% deposit is required to ensure your reservation. If the reservation is cancelled less than 15 days prior to arrival the TOTAL amount of reservation will be charged. Cancellation policy may vary based on special rates which will be identified with rate.
- You must be age 18+ to book a room.
- The balance is due prior to or upon arrival.
- Two night minimum stay except specific identified black out dates.
- We are unable to accommodate pets at this time.
- No noise allowed; we ask that you enter and exit quietly, so no one is disturbed.
- Rooms are serviced based on the length of stay.
- The Melva Inn is a NO SMOKING facility; an additional $250 smoking fee is charged if guests are found to smoke in our NO Smoking rooms.
- Unregistered guests are not permitted.
- We are unable to accommodate young children at this time.
- Rates are subject to change without notice, except for advance deposit reservations.
- NO Meals are included with this rate.
Some holiday or high-season periods may have a five-night minimal requirement.
You will receive a confirmation letter once your reservation has been confirmed.